The Smart Option Student Loan* ® for AFFCU by Sallie Mae ®
A Choice of Repayment Options, Competitive Interest Rates, and No Origination Fee.
An ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. Apply today!
Features and Benefits:
- A choice of competitive interest rates for undergraduate students. Variable interest rates from 2.87% APR to 9.91% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.1
- Lower interest rates for graduate students. Variable interest rates from 2.87% APR to 7.86% APR. Fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 8.56% APR.1
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty.
- Lower the interest rate—Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit.2
- Borrow up to 100% of the school-certified cost of attendance.3
- Cosigner release available. You may apply to release your cosigner from the loan after you graduate, make 12 on-time principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements.4
- Pay now or later—Defer your payments until after school or choose an in-school repayment option that fits your needs.1
- Graduated Repayment Period—The Smart Option Student Loan is the first nationwide private student loan offering a Graduated Repayment Period feature5,providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students who graduate and maintain their Sallie Mae loans in good standing can request to make 12 interest – only payments instead of full principal and interest payments six months after school.6
- A quick credit result—Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
Applying online is easy—it only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
Encourage Responsible Borrowing
We encourage students and families to supplement their savings by exploring grants, scholarships, and federal and state student loans, and to consider the anticipated monthly payments on their total student loan debt and their expected future earnings before considering a private education loan.
1 APR = Annual Percentage Rate
The Sallie Mae partner referenced is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 Click here for important information. Terms, conditions and limitations apply.
We are compensated for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.